Growing up in a family of photographers and filmmakers, I have had a long interest in travel photography and portraiture and am now developing my architectural photography skills.
I maintain three blogs and have written travel and architectural articles for various journals. I write regularly for Sanctuary magazine, a quarterly sustainable homes journal. Published articles include:
- 2012 ongoing - Quarterly feature articles including photography, Sanctuary magazine, Alternative Technology Association (ATA)
- 2014 - "Sustainable, affordable Renovations", The Natural Artisan, Summer 2014, Rockcote publication
- 2012 - “Earthly Enrichment”, Sanctuary magazine, Issue 21, ATA
- 2010 - "Unlikely Uganda", Underground magazine, Ground Effect
- 2006 - “Outback Riders”, Australian Cyclist -July-August
- March 2005 - “Queenslanders”, NSW Sea Kayaker Issue 59
- October 2003 - “Cycling the Andean Altiplano”, Mountain Designs – 8850 Alliance Newsletter
- 1994 -Urban Ecovillages - principles sustainable design
I love printmaking and regularly produce simple and hand-coloured linocuts for cards and artwork.
Adventuring is genetic in our family. My father drove from England to Calcutta to migrate to Australia and my mother sailed in her father's homemade catamaran from Kenya to the Antipodes in the 60's. My sister and I caught the wanderlust both cycle touring, hiking and generally adventuring around the globe. Sarah documents in film. I do so in word and photos. I enjoy planning itineraries for journeys for myself and others with a focus on minimal impact and maximum experience.